Saturday, August 18, 2012

E.L.F. Beauty Haul

In today's post I'll be reviewing products from E.L.F. Cosmetics.  


From left to right - click to purchase:
6.  Fan Brush

The first four brushes are part of the E.L.F. Studio collection - they each cost $3.  I definitely recommend these tools for everyday girls like myself.  They shed a bit, but washing the brushes helps a lot - it eventually gets rid of the issue more or less.  The small angled brush is perfect for applying gel/cream eyeliners.

Brushes 5-7 are part of the E.L.F. Essential collection - they cost $1 each.  I was really disappointed with the quality of the product, but then again, they only cost a dollar each.  With that said, they're "ok" for the price.  I'd definitely cough up a few more bucks and purchase brushes from the Studio collection.  



I initially bought the lip glaze ($1) because of the great online reviews.  Overall, this product is pretty awesome considering the low cost.  I'm really glad I bought the glaze in Baby Doll.  The shade is subtle and natural, and I love the way the plumper tingles on my lips!  Be warned though, the color wears off quite easily, and the tubes don't hold much product.
Rating: *** out of *****

The cream eyeliner on the other hand ($3) is AMAZING!  The color stays on for such a long time, and it doesn't smudge at all. I'm definitely going to experiment with the other colors.  This product also comes with a cute mini-brush that works really well.  
Rating:  ****

How do you guys like E.L.F. Cosmetics?  Have you tried any of these products before?  

5 comments:

  1. I've tried the Studio Line brush too and it's great! There are many good reviews of them on YouTube. You should have told me you were ordering! I heard the $1 brushes were really bad so I would have warned you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eyeliner too! It's so good and so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cool! i grabbed bunch of elf brushes the other day after hearing all the rave. body shop brushes are amazing too especially their kabuki brush... i use it instead of bare minerals kabuki. :)
    i better try the cream eyeliner after reading your review. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! The Studio brush collection is great. The Essential brushes shed wayyyyy too much, and my blending brush BROKE... ugh... can you believe it? I'll def. be sure to check out the Body Shop. I'm always on the lookout for nice brushes! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  4. Lol maybe you 'blended' too much? :D
    Definitely check out Body Shop later. They sometimes go on sale too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover